Things to know about this 9th Grade World History Class
I. The Textbook
1. The book we will use is called Modern World History "Patterns of Interaction"
2. Every student was assigned a textbook
3. Students can visit their book online by going to www.glencoe.com
1. Students will be assigned reading assignments and questions on a weekly basis.
2. You can view the section titled weekly info to view homework assignments
3. I always write the assignments on the board for the week
1. We will take notes periodically, and I will give a grade for notes.
3. If I give notes using the overhead projector, I will post the notes after I have graded the notes for that topic
4. If I write things on the board and students are absent they will be expected to get this info from a classmate.
1. Grades will be updated every several weeks in the gradebook
2. My grades are accumulative and there are no waited assignments
3. Every student will get a progress report during each quarter, and every student will be expected to get the progress report signed and the they will return it to me.