My Pyramid Project
In order to understand your nutritional intake, you need to undestand what you are currently eating, how much you are eating, why you are eating, and how much physical activity you get. You are going to track what you eat, when you eat, and why you eat for 2 days. For the same 2 day period, you will also track your activity levels.
To begin the process, go to MyPyramid.gov and follow these instructions:
My Pyramid Nutrition Instructions
- Log into https://www.choosemyplate.gov/SuperTracker/Home - Click “Create Profile”
- Click the “Create Profile” for new users and enter required information only
- Use school username and password
- Select “Food Tracker” in center of page.
- Make sure the date in the upper left of the screen reflects the date that you are entering food for. (For example, if you are entering food for today, change nothing; if you are entering food you ate yesterday, make sure you change the date to yesterday’s date)
- Enter food item and click “Search”. Search for the exact (or near exact) food item you ate. Then add the food.
- Choose the meal you ate the food for – breakfast, lunch, or dinner
- Once food is added click, select “Choose an amount” and choose the portion size that is closest to what you have eaten. Next enter the number of portions.
- Click “Add” and repeat this process for the foods you have eaten on that day.
- The food that you entered will be automatically saved
- Click “Update Profile” and enter in the date for the second day of Food Intake and repeat the above process.
- After entering 2 days of Food Intake click the bubble near the top of the page marked “Physical Activity Tracker”
- Make sure you check the date at the top left of the screen and change the date to the correct day.
- Select or Search for your activity
- Select the duration of your activity(s)
- Repeat “Physical Activity Information” process
- When finished with 2 days of entries, print the screen (in color - COLOR PRINTER 1) and turn in