RESOURCES FOR PARENTS
* Preschool Staff
* (NAEYC) - National Association for the Education of Young Children
* Ohio Help Me Grow - Help nurture your child’s health and development for success in life
* Ohio Parent Information and Resource Center - Information, resources, and training as mandated by the No child Left Behind Act.
Resources for Parents
* Whose IDEA Is This? - A resource guide for parents who have children with disabilities. This guide provides parents with a framework for seeking support from their child’s School District and the State of Ohio.
* The Miami Valley Special Education Regional Resource Center - Empowering educators, students and their families to change their world
* No Child Left Behind - Taking responsibility for the success of every student
* Autism Speaks - Information on Autism
* Ohio Center for Autism and Low Incidence - Based on a respect for individuals with autism and low incidence disabilities and our belief in their right, need, and desire to achieve their full potential
* Information on LD and ADHD - Site on learning disabilities, learning disorders and differences
* Activities and Resources for Parents of Students With Disabilities - A national multimedia project offering information and resources on how young kids learn to read, why so many struggle, and how caring adults can help.
* The ABC's of Accommodations– Adaptations and accommodations available for students
* Resource and Tools for Students with Disabilities - A collection of information including forms, reports and links for students with disabilities
* Parenting Special Needs - A parent’s guide to hundreds of sites relating to special needs
* For Caregivers of Children with Language Disorders - If your child has difficulty with speech, language, communication, or is a late talker, you may find this Web site helpful.
* Fun Learning Materials for Kids with Special Needs - Enter a world of fun, creative speech, language, hearing, special education, classroom, and occupational therapy materials
* Books About Communication -Books written for children about children with communication disorders.
* Children’s Institute for Pediatric Education
* National Parenting Center - A parent resource for children of all ages.
* Project "We Care" Community based resources
The Pupil Services Department and the Beavercreek City School District are not responsible for the content of these Web sites.