Fitness Web Quest
INTRODUCTION : BODY TRANSFORMATION
Most people would like to change something about their bodies; what is it about your body that you would like to change? Would you like to have more energy through out the day? Have enough strength to lift a car? Be able to push your friends car to the gas station when it runs out of gas>? Show off your six pack abs or new curves at the beach next summer? Lessen the chance of injury while playing your favorite sport or just dominate everyone playing it?
By completing this web quest you will gain the knowledge you need to set and reach your fitness goals. You will need to make changes in your lifestyle that specifically impact your goal. Only you can make the necessary changes to reach your goal. This quest will provide you with the fitness information you need. Becoming NEW AND IMPROVED is up to you.
Physical fitness is the ability of the heart, lungs, blood vessels, and muscles to work together to meet the body's need for energy. Depending on your fitness goals, you will need to address all four of the components of physical fitness. There are Fitness FUNdamentals that you must know so that you will be able to design and carry out a plan to meet your goals.
1. Become knowledgeable about Fitness FUNdamentals. 2. Use the knowledge you have gained to design a plan to meet you Fitness Goal
1. Be sure you have a clear understanding of your tasks. If there is something that is not clear to you, ASK QUESTIONS !
2. Use the resources section to learn the Fitness FUNdamentals.
3. Fill out the Fitness FUNdamentals form.
4. Choose your fitness goal. It may be based on the results of our fall fitness challenge or any other aspect of physical fitness that is important to you.
5. Check with your physical education teacher or another knowledgeable adult to be sure your goal is doable.
6. Using your Fitness FUNdamentals form as a resource, fill out your Fitness Goal form.
7. Start using the plan and become NEW AND IMPROVED !
RESOURCES: Here are a list of web sites you may visit to get the information you need :
1) FITNESS FUNDAMENTALS - includes the benefits of fitness
2) FITNESS BASICS - includes the 5 components of physical fitness.
3) STARTING AN EXERCISE PROGRAM- includes the principles you need to know if you are going to see results.
4) FUEL FOR FITNESS - information about nutrition, calories, and weight management.
5) AMERICAN HEART ASSOCIATION - includes exercise principles and importance of physical fitness.
6) AMERICAN ASSOCIATION OF PEDIATRICS- includes definition of fitness and benefits.
FORMS : Once you have used the resources provided, fill out the following form to show what you have learned
Name : _____________________________________________________________________
What does it mean to be physically fit? ____________________________________________________
List the 5 components of physical fitness and tell what each one means.
List 3 benefits of being physically fit.
Explain what the following mean :
Based on the information on the Fitness FUNdamentals form, design a fitness program to meet
yourNEW AND IMPROVED fitness goal
NEW AND IMPROVED
Name : ____________________________________________________________________
GOAL : ______________________________________________________________________________________
Part (s) of fitness I will focus on:
Areas of my body and / or muscle groups I will exercise :
Activities I will do in order to meet my goal. and number of times a week I will do them.
I will know I am moving toward my goal because :