Beavercreek City Schools Strategic Plan
In May of 2010, a group composed of parents, teachers, employees, and local community members gathered for three days to compose the district’s Strategic Plan.
The group examined the district’s weaknesses, strengths, opportunities for growth and development and formed a plan that will help the district grow over the next three to five years. As a result of this process, the group formed a Vision Statement, Mission Statement, Belief Statements, and an Action Plan that includes goals for the district.
The Vision Statement defines what we want our district to be – Inspiring today, preparing for tomorrow!
The Mission Statement defines what it is we do on a day to day basis to meet our vision statement “To create a student-centered educational community through innovation and collaboration, inspiring and preparing all to lead and serve.”
The Belief Statements are values that drive our organization's culture and priorities and provide a framework in which we make daily decisions. Beavercreek Schools believes:
· Personal responsibility and accountability are essential
· Students have a right to a safe and nurturing environment
· Critical thinking and problem solving are important skills
· Each child learns differently and all children can learn
· Family involvement is critical to enhance student success
· Financial stewardship is important
· Two way communication is vital
· Every staff member contributes to student success
· Extra-curricular activities are important to a well rounded education
The The Action Plan takes the goals that were determined by the committee and sets forth a goal statement, a goal objective, a monitoring process and evaluation criteria. For further information on each of these goals, please see the attached document.
The This plan will be periodically examined to see if it is still accurate and will be modified as needed.
Last Modified on July 7, 2012