O.M.E.A. Solo & Ensemble Contest:
Saturday January 26, 2013 Stebbins High School
(students provide their own transportation)
Contest times: 8:00am - 5:00pm (most will be a.m. times)
Wear nice dress up clothes
Be to your performance room 10 minutes early. Be sure to warm up well beforehand, but do not overplay during warm-up! (group warm-up rooms will be marked - they will be busy and noisy)
REMEMBER: NO XEROX COPIES TO THE JUDGE!!!
YOU MUST NUMBER ALL MEASURES ON THE SCORE or PART FOR THE JUDGE!!!IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS SEE MR. McCULLOUGH NOW!
All Contest results will go to Mr. McCullough about 1 hour after you play. If you receive a I or II rating the band will buy your medal and you will get it at the end of year banquet. Your rating will be posted in the school cafeteria usually before Mr. McCullough gets the comment sheet
back. Any student who does not want to wait around for their comment sheet can get it from Mr. McCullough on Monday.
I will do my best to be in each room, but as you can see from the schedule things are very tight and they DO NOT always run on time. I will do what I can. If you would rather me NOT be in the room let me know!
There can be NO RECORDING DEVICES of any kind and NO PICTURES! Includes cell phones! Please make sure your parents know this as well!
Decide if you are going to play your scales or your solo 1st.
Scales & rudiments MUST BE MEMORIZED! You can not have them written in front of you.
Requirements are on the Ohio Music Education Association Website
Be sure your accompanist knows your times, has directions etc.
See Mr. McCullough about what instrument you plan to use and how it is being moved. YOU are responsible for your own sticks, mallets, music.
In case of bad weather watch TV 7 or TV 2 for cancellations. We will also post updates on the BHS band website.
Remember THINK before you play !!!
There are also various fundraisers that will be taking place during the day such as a flower sale and rummage sale. The flower sale will be held in the cafeteria and the rummage sale will be held right outside the cafeteria in our auxiliary gym known as the Student Activity Center (SAC). Please hand out the attached flyer for the rummage sale to your students when you have a chance. All proceeds from the concession stand, the flower sale, and the rummage sale go to the Stebbins High School Music Department.
Rummage Sale Flyer
Cost: $16.00 solos $21.00 ensembles
checks payable to: Beavercreek Music Parents
PLEASE NOTE: Students should be taking private lessons or be working with a music coach on your piece
(Application & MONEY due Friday Jan.4, 2013) -turn-in form to The BHS Band Office-
Search Song List
Rules & Information
- Students must turn-in application and contest fee by 3:00pm Friday January 4 to be entered.
- Students must be able to name accompanist by 3:00pm Friday January 4 to be entered.
- Students considering solo & ensemble should be coached by an adult instructor.
- Students should be able to get a I or II rating on the piece they choose.
- Students will also need to be able to perform scales and or percussion rudiments for all solo events. Scales and rudiments must be performed by memory.
- All students must have the music they plan to play in their possession by 3:00pm Friday January 4 to be entered. Students must select music from the OMEA approved list. Music can be obtained from Stanton' s Sheet Music in Columbus or Hauer Music in Dayton. No xerox copies can be used at contest. A copy of the solo or a score for the ensemble must be provided for the judge with all measures numbered. (again no xerox copies are allowed).
- The list of approved music is on the Ohio Music Education Association web site under the parent information tab and linked on www.beabercreekband.org, private teachers can help with this selection.
- Beavercreek will host recital night in the spring for students who do not feel they can be ready for a January event.
| ||Mr. Douglas McCullough, Director |
|Beavercreek High School Band and Color Guard || |
|Tel:937-429-7547 x2469 | Fax::937-429-7546 | email@example.com |
|Content Managed by Jeff Sydelko for Beavercreek City Schools |