Classroom Rules and Expectations Reminder
Beavercreek High School Bands
Jessica Kolody: Student Teacher
April 6, 2011
Dear Beavercreek Band Students,
As the school year winds down, it is easy to forget or neglect band rules and expectations. In these last nine weeks of school, it is important to remember the general rules, expectations, and important information:
- All students must be in the band room when the tardy bell rings. Any student tardy to class will be given a detention. All detentions must be served at a time that does not conflict with band rehearsals. (see student handbook concerning continued tardiness from class.)
- All students must keep their instrument & music in an assigned locker or storage area. Band lockers are not to be used as school lockers. Non band items are to be kept in a hall locker, not band storage areas.
- Any instruments or personal belongings left out in the band room will be put in lost & found. Students will be charged $1.00 (payable to band fund) to retrieve items.
- All students are expected to have an instrument that is in good working order at all times. This includes good working tuning slides, pads, reeds, sticks, mallets, etc.
- There is to be no food, drink, or gum in the areas of the music department at any time. Detention and a reduction of daily pointes will be given for each infraction.
- Students are to never play or touch another student’s equipment. Students using school owned instruments are responsible for their care and will be charged for any excessive damage.
- All students are expected to be at all performances. An unexcused absence of any performance will be treated as a missed exam that cannot be made up. Sports, work, etc. are not excused absences.
- Students are urged to participate in as many varied ensembles as possible. Also students are encouraged to study privately to maximize their musical abilities.
- All students are expected to come prepared to class with music folders, a rehearsal pencil, and a working instrument. A concert rehearsal schedule and all music should always be in their band folder.
- Ensemble rehearsal time is most effective when all members have done their own individual practice. All students are expected to do their part and practice concert music individually so that rehearsal time in class is most efficient.
- Know the simple rule to follow! See Handbook…
Mandatory Upcoming Performance: Spring Concert – Monday, May 16,2011 @ 7:00pm
- 1/3 = daily attendance / participation (points given daily)
- 1/3 = music, playing tests, tapes. (This will include Smart Music starting 2nd 9 weeks)
- 1/3 = point accumulation sheet (turned in at the end of each 9 weeks)
- A Semester Exam (playing or written) will be given that will count as 20% of grade
||Mr. Douglas McCullough, Director|
|Beavercreek High School Band and Color Guard
|Tel:937-429-7547 x2469 | Fax::937-429-7546 | firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Content Managed by Jeff Sydelko for Beavercreek City Schools |