Parent Guidelines and Responsibilities
Home Bound Supplemental Instruction
• The Parent/Guardian shall make a written or verbal request for homebound supplemental instruction to the Building Home Bound Supplemental Instruction Coordinator at the building where the child attends school.
• The Building Home Bound Supplemental Instruction Coordinator will coordinate a meeting with the parent, school counselor, school nurse, and general education teacher(s) to gather initial information regarding the reason for the request, and discuss whether a disability is suspected [504/IDEA]. A follow up meeting will be scheduled to review the evaluation results and discuss the need for home bound supplemental instruction.
• If the student is found to have a disability and that disability requires homebound supplemental instruction, a final meeting will be scheduled to discuss the procedures that will be followed including the schedule of classes, assignment requirements and timelines, possible accommodations, and communication methods.
Parents will ensure that:
• The student is completing work on a daily basis.
• All assignments are completed and timelines are met.
• The student meets with the tutor on a consistent, scheduled basis.
• Any concerns are communicated to the teacher.
• The weekly communication sheet is filled out, signed, and given to home bound supplemental instruction tutor.
Please click here for a list of frequently asked questions.