Information and LinksHonors and Accomplishments
Beavercreek Schools have been recognized by the Ohio Department of Education every year since 2003 for excellence in nutrition practices.
Six of Beavercreek Schools' student nutrition employees have won the Louise Sublette Award for Excellence in Child Nutrition Programs from the School Nutrition Association.
Connie Little, SNS, Nutrition Services supervisor, served as president of the School Nutrition Association of Ohio for school year 2011-12.
Student Nutrition Department educational outreach
Nutrition Education Sites
- "Nutrition Education and Wellness for Students" (NEWS) kiosk for middle and high school students: District takes innovative approach to nutrition education with interactive kiosks
- "Nutrition in the Classroom" and "Traffic Light Nutrition Education" program for K-5 students
- Themed nutrition education programs for students in grades 6-12: "Here's to HEARTy Eating," "Keys to Wellness," "Let's Move," "Keep in Tune," "Energize, Exercise," "Build a Body, Build a Mind, Build a Lunch," "Blast Off to Good Nutrition"
- Themed contests: "No Bones About It: Milk Is Good for You"
- "Here's to Healthy Eating" cookbooks for each elementary school featuring students' recipes
- Participant in 2010-11 USDA "Healthier U.S. Recipe Challenge"
- Student-produced cafeteria mural: "Healthy Food Choices"
Parents and students with questions about school meals should contact the Student Nutrition Department at 937-458-2445.Last Modified 8/5/2011
- http://choosemyplate.gov - offers nutrition information for people of all ages, as well as personalized eating plans and interactive tools to help individuals plan and assess their food choices. Based on the Dietary Guidelines for Americans.
www.actionforhealthykids.org - a national nonprofit that strives to help kids develop lifelong habits necessary to promote sound nutrition and physical activity in children, youth and schools
www.nutritionexplorations.org - a resource for parents, educators and school nutrition professionals that provides information about health and nutrition, including shopping and cooking
www.drink-milk.com - a Web site of the American Dairy Association Mideast
www.recipelink.com - a Web site dedicated to sharing recipes of all types
www.schoolnutrition.org - the Web site of the School Nutrition Association