Welcome to the Trebein Elementary Counseling Website
My name is Mrs. Tate, and I am the counselor at Trebein Elementary. My background includes a Bachelor’s degree from Wright State University in Social Work and a Master’s Degree in School Counseling from the University of Dayton. It is a great honor to be able to work with your children. The elementary school years establish a crucial foundation for students to develop the skills, knowledge, and attitudes necessary to become successful, confident learners.
What does a school counselor do?
School counselors work as part of a team with the school faculty, parents, and the community to create a school climate which is inclusive of all students. We provide education, prevention, early identification, and intervention, to ensure that all children achieve academic success. This year through classroom, group, and individual guidance, we will focus on:
How are students referred to see the counselor?
- Developing a positive self-image
- Showing respect for the feelings of others
- Understanding the decision-making process
- Maintaining effective relationships with peers and adults
- Developing effective study skills
- Being prepared to make the transition to middle school